Tuesday, January 18, 2011

the Grocery Dilemma...

I love my son. I do. He lights my world up.

But I swear...there are times I wish they made baby straight jackets for grocery shopping trips.

I have tried about everything in the book... giving him a snack, bringing a toy from home to play with, singing songs, pretending to "zoom" through the store... it all works great! For about 2 minutes! He wants whatever Mommy is trying to pick up. He refuses to sit in the cart, he insists on standing, jumping, crawling around on it.

So I shop one-handed.

And don't get me started on trying to check out! Ugh! The cashier looks at me like I am running a three ring circus! And I can't count how many times I have had to re-swipe my card, because my little angel has to push all the buttons!

But then, we get in the car... all the groceries are loaded in the back, the boy is strapped into his carseat. (to Mommy's satisfaction as secret replacement of the straight jacket)

And I get this precious face when I get in the car and turn around that says "Yay Mama!"

HOW can you be mad at that!? His little toothy grin makes me melt almost immediately and I forget (almost) about the nonsense that just took place!

As a disclaimer: I realize that I really have nothing to complain about with just ONE little boy to control and understand that I better get a grip before my "helpers" multiply... But hey, this is my blog and I can vent if I want to.



P.S. ....On a lighter note:

That particular shopping trip was a success!! I have found a new love!!



I really and truly do not know how I have gotten this far in my pregnancy without it.
Yuuumm.

No comments:

Post a Comment